MISSION WORKER – CHILDREN & FAMILIES
Location: Mansfield Road Baptist Church (MRBC)
Corner of Gregory Boulevard & Sherwood Rise, Nottingham, NG7 6JN
Line Manager: As assigned by the Church Leaders
Hours: 20 hours term time + extra hours as arranged
Salary: £9.80 an hour
Vision/Purpose of Role:
To outwork amongst the children and families in the Toddler Group, Sunday Church and other contact points, the mission of MRBC which includes being committed to see everyone to grow, to have a sense of belonging and for the Kingdom of God to be experienced.
To lead, strengthen & resource the Toddler Group with the support of the team of volunteers. The Toddler Group operates in term time on a Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday mornings from 9.30am to 11.30am.
The leading will involve planning and implementing of activities for the sessions and establishing bridging opportunities for Sunday church.
- To be the Safeguarding Lead for MRBC. You will be supported by the Minister and the Safeguarding team.
To have a responsibility with others for the discipleship and encouragement of children within the life of MRBC, so that children can begin, and grow in, a relationship with Jesus.
Sunday Morning Church runs from 10.30am to 12noon.
- To lead, strengthen and resource the team engaged as volunteers working with children and their families at MRBC.
- Contribute and participate alongside the Minister and other leaders in All Age Services on a Sunday
A satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required.
An Occupational Requirement exists for the post-holder to be a Christian in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
An appointment is conditional on entitlement to work in the UK.
- Strong, personal, lived out Christian faith with a sincere love for children and families.
- Highly relational and able to communicate effectively
- Have a passion for Jesus and sharing the gospel
- Commitment to pray with and for the volunteers and the respective groups
- Self-motivated with a good work ethic and a readiness to use own initiative
- Creative and imaginative
- Able to motivate and inspire, encourage and support others
- Active involvement in Christian children’s work (Desirable)
- Experience of working in a team in either a working or voluntary capacity (Essential)
- Effective leadership experience (Essential)
- Experience of planning programmes and events for children and families (Desirable)
- Understanding of the changes that are happening for children and their families (Desirable)
- Christian or secular qualification in a relevant discipline (preferred but not essential)
- Full UK Driving License and access to vehicle (preferred but not essential)
- To be able to communicate with people of all ages
- To be able to inspire, attract and co-ordinate volunteers
- To be a good team member
- To have effective delegation whilst maintaining accountability
- Able to build relationships with children and families
- Balance priorities effectively; good time management
- Teaching; able to plan, deliver and teach
- To be committed to the vision and values, and willing to participate in the life, of MRBC.
To apply please submit a current CV, together with a covering letter explaining your suitability for the role. Applications can be emailed to
or posted to, The Administrator, Mansfield Road Baptist Church, Corner of Gregory Boulevard & Sherwood Rise,
Nottingham, NG7 6JN
Applications need to be submitted by 2pm on Monday 3rd December, 2018.
It is anticipated that interviews will take place in the week beginning Monday 10th December, 2018